Healing Chronic Childhood Disorders: Resources
We recommend exploring these resources for information about biomedical healing.
- Documenting Hope “What is the Documenting Hope Project? We are a pioneering group of scientists, physicians, healers, parents and children’s health advocates who have assembled to scientifically demonstrate that recovery from chronic childhood conditions (even those as complex as autism and autoimmune conditions) is possible. The Documenting Hope Project seeks to inspire parents, physicians, and policy makers to think differently about children’s health and redesign a system that truly understands how to prevent and reverse chronic health conditions.”
- Talk About Curing Autism: “TACA believes in early diagnosis, intensive therapies and medical intervention for children affected by autism. With early intervention, medical treatment unique to each person’s needs and necessary support services for families many children can improve greatly and some can recover from their autistic symptoms. We believe the future is not defined for many children affected by autism. Hope and recovery is possible.
- Generation Rescue “Generation Rescue curated a movement dedicated to providing comprehensive treatment opportunities to autism families. As an innovative and results-oriented organization, we bridge the gap between philanthropy and expert-driven services by collaborating with like-minded stakeholders. Together, our vision fosters a sense of belonging and hope for future generations.”
- The Institute for Functional Medicine : “The Functional Medicine model is an individualized, patient-centered, science-based approach that empowers patients and practitioners to work together to address the underlying causes of disease and promote optimal wellness. It requires a detailed understanding of each patient’s genetic, biochemical, and lifestyle factors and leverages that data to direct personalized treatment plans that lead to improved patient outcomes.”
- MAPS (The Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs Fellowship): “We are a group of professionals who offer a Comprehensive Education & Fellowship to Medical Professionals for the care of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and related chronic complex conditions. The rapidly increasing scientific evidence-based material that supports the medical treatment of autism spectrum related medical disorders is evolving and passed on to practitioners in a systematic, in-depth course of study, in order to have the greatest impact on this medically complex pediatric population.”
- The Thinking Moms’ Revolution (blog) “The Thinking Moms’ Revolution is made up of twenty-three moms and one brave dad. Their group stretches from Montana to Malaysia to Montreal. While parenting children with autism spectrum disorder, chronic childhood diseases and disabilities, they came together to collaborate about biomedical, alternative healing modalities and dietary interventions, as well as doctors and researchers developing cutting edge treatments. In the process they became a tight-knit family dedicated to helping their children lose their diagnoses.”