If someone experienced a traumatic injury and there was no medical service available, are you prepared to help?
ICWA is hosting a Traumatic Injury Care Workshop on how to handle a variety of medical emergencies, to be led by former paramedic Jake Newgard.
There are only ten spots available for this hands-on event where you will learn about:
- Assessing the scene: situational awareness, environmental hazards, PPE, ABCs of patient assessment, triage
- How to treat the following:
- Airway problems, breathing problems, bleeding, medical emergencies, low/high blood sugar,hypo/hyperthermia
- Other types of trauma: crush, avulsion, shock, long-term wound care
- Emergencies you can’t handle in the field: stroke, heart attack, brain injury, internal bleeding
- Hands-on exercises: how to use supplies in trauma kit, one-on-one talk through practice scenarios, additionalin-person demonstrations
Additionally, there will be time for Q&A and discussion.
Your registration also provides for an EMT kit consisting of the following: maxi trauma bag 20x11x12, alcohol pads,non-adherent pads, trauma dressing, cotton triangular bandages, bandage rolls, gauze pads, silk tape, abdominalpad, steri strips, nitrile gloves, trauma shears, burn dressing, burn sheet, emergency blanket, hot packs, and acebandages. Your kit also includes a sturdy “quick reference guide” to refresh your memory in the field.
- Date: Saturday, August 20, 2022
- Time: 11:30-5:30
- Place: Des Moines, Washington (the exact address will be provided to registered participants)
- Donation for workshop and EMT kit: $249 (The kit alone, which is similar to THIS, is valued at $355plus tax.)